Our advisors include a vibrant network of experienced mentors as well as a smaller panel of veteran industry experts called Entrepreneurs-in-Residence (EIR). Mentors and EIRs include entrepreneurs, business executives, angel and venture capital investors, attorneys and others who have sector-specific expertise and can advise on specific aspects of developing your innovation.
- Meet with a variety of advisors and see which ones you work best with.
- Set expectations upfront with the advisor on:
- how much volunteering time the mentor is willing to allocate to your startup
- What point will the relationship have crossed a reasonable engagement level and the mentor, if at all, would expect payment (cash, equity, etc).
- desired impact/outcome of the relationship
- Share non-confidential information, unless you have the advisor sign your company's NDA.
- Proactively engage your advisor.
- Keep open and honest communication between the advisor and your startup.
- If you have questions or concerns contact CoMotion Labs staff immediately. We are here to support you.
- Share confidential information in your profile or with anyone without an NDA.
- Ask for advice on everything.
- Blame your advisor if his or her advice doesn't work out.
- Expect the advisor to know all the answers.
Apply to Join!
Discover the perfect resource to help create impact with your innovation.