Welcome UW innovators!You’re in the right place. CoMotion Advisory Solutions is the system we use to process applications for mentoring and grant programs.
Looking for a mentor?We can connect you with expert advisors who will support your journey from innovation to impact. See Application Steps below.
Ready to apply for a grant?You can apply for the following grant programs offered through CoMotion at the University of Washington. See Application Steps below.
- Innovation Fund - The CoMotion Innovation Fund is a partnership between CoMotion and the Washington Research Foundation to provide $1 million per year for applied research.
Grantees receive up to $50K to increase the likelihood of their innovation having an impact.
- NSF I-Corps - The National Science Foundation’s Innovation Corps (I-Corps™) is a federally funded program to accelerate projects that are ready to move toward commercialization.
Grantees receive entrepreneurship training and $2,500 to fund customer discovery.
- SBIR & STTR - These federally funded programs provide more than $2.5 billion in grants and contracts each year to small businesses and startup companies to develop new products and services based on advanced technologies. Interested Teams receive advice and assistance with their applications.
Grantees receive Phase I awards starting at $150,000. Phase II awards start at $1M and can increase to as much as $2M.
- Join the CoMotion Advisory Solutions community as a Team (Click here to join).
- Receive email confirmation, and a link to complete your Team Profile.
- Complete Team Profile (if you are applying for a specific program, make sure to select the program in the profile questions).
*Want to apply for a program but you’re already in the system? No problem! Contact us through the website or at email@example.com and we’ll send you detailed instructions.
More info about CoMotion at the University of Washington
CoMotion at the University of Washington is the collaborative innovation hub dedicated to expanding the economic and societal impact of the UW community. Formerly the UW Center for Commercialization, over the last three years we’ve expanded our scope to include: researcher services, startups & incubation, innovation training, and funding & partnerships. We are your innovation partner. Learn more on the CoMotion website.